We are now booking for our flu clinics for those patients in the at risk groups (All patients who are over 65 and those who have asthma, diabetes, heart problems, breathing problems, renal disease, a BMI 40+ or any other chronic illness, in addition if you are a carer for an elderly or disabled person, live a immunocompromised person or are currently pregnant).
We would like to reassure our patients that we put your safety first. This is why our clinics will be different than previous years as we are following government guidelines.
- One way system into and out of the surgery will be in place
- You may be required to queue outside for a short period
- Patients not to attend earlier than their appointment time to avoid unnecessary long queues and crowding
- We ask patients not to attend the practice if they or a member of their family has any COVID symptoms such as fever, cough, loss of sense of taste or smell
- Face coverings to be worn please
- Please wear short sleeved easy to remove clothing to facilitate easy vaccination
Appointments are now available to book online Or ring 01525 631390 Option 1. Please do not ring before 11:00 and please avoid Monday mornings, due to the high volume of phone calls.
- Saturday 18th September at Greensand Surgery (Over 65 only)
- Saturday 25th Sept at Greensand Surgery (Under 65’S at risk)
- Saturday 23rd October at Greensand Surgery (catch up clinic) will replace the 16th October. All patients booked in will be contacted
If you are housebound where possible can you please organise for a family member or friend to bring you to the surgery in their car for a pre-booked Practice Nurse appointment. This can be arranged during the week at a time suitable for you. The Nurse can vaccinate you in the car. If this is not possible then a sometime home visit will be organised later. Please ring 01525 631390, Option 2.
National Resources Now Available
Resources are now available to support the flu campaign. Though they are national resources they can be used when working with local communities.